|This documentation describes Hot Fix 2 for ACT! 2010 SP1 for the following versions:
- ACT! by Sage 2010 SP1
- ACT! by Sage Premium 2010 SP1
- ACT! by Sage Premium for Web 2010 SP1
This hot fix applies to all international English locales. Do not apply this hot fix to any other versions or products.
Note for UK (United Kingdom) Locale Users Only: This hot fix does not apply to the ACT! by Sage 2010 SP2 localized version.
This hotfix (including any software and related documentation) is provided "AS IS." Sage Software, Inc. disclaims all express or implied warranties of any kind with respect to the utility, including but not limited to, any implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
Note: To determine the version of the product you are using, see the version number in the Help > About box. After the hot fix has been installed, the version number will read "188.8.131.52, Hot Fix 2" depending on the version you originally had installed.
Who Should Install This Hot Fix?
Note: Apply this hot fix to all machines that are involved in database synchronization to avoid issues surrounding renaming layouts, queries, and reports. This includes all machines that contain the Main Synchronization Database, Main Remote Database, and machines that have the ACT! Network or ACT! Internet Sync Services applied.
ACT! hot fixes are cumulative, so hot fix 2 also resolves issues fixed in hot fix 1. If you have already installed hot fix 1, you can safely install hot fix 2.
Hot Fix 2 for ACT! 2010 SP1 may resolve your issues if:
The following tables list the area affected by the hot fix, the description, and the effect of the hot fix for each known issue.
- You are an ACT! Premium for Web user who is experiencing performance problems and sees the following error message when adding notes to a contact: "A script on this page is causing Internet Explorer to run slowly. If it continues to run, your computer may become unresponsive."
- You are an ACT! Premium for Web user who sees performance problems when ACT! attempts to connect to Outlook®.
- You are an ACT! Premium for Web user and are unable to create a new letter or e- mail template from the web.
- You want to add the Product Name field to the Opportunity list and see that it is not one of the options available.
- You are an ACT! user who shares an ACT! 2010 database, have upgraded your client to ACT! 2010 SP1, and now see the following error message: "Cannot find database supplemental files folder Shared-database files in this location UNUPDATED. This could be problem with the share, or the folder may not exist. Please contact the administrator of your database."
- You have upgraded to ACT! 2010 SP1, and notice that several Web Info tab links are no longer functioning. These links may include Google® Driving Directions, Google Maps™, Google News™ Search, Google Search, LinkedIn®, and Plaxo.
- You have multiple or heavily-formatted notes and notice a decrease in performance and/or ACT! stops responding for several minutes.
- You are unable to add folders to the Documents tab by adding shortcuts to the folder and opening the entire directory.
- You have upgraded to ACT! 2010 SP1 and are now unable to save items to drop-down lists.
Note: If you are an ACT! by Sage Premium for Web user, and find that you are unable to access to your third party add-ons after having upgraded to ACT! 2010 SP1, you can resolve this issue by referring to the following Knowledgebase Answer:
Third Party ACT! by Sage Premium for Web Add-ons No Longer Available After Updating to ACT! by Sage 2010 SP1
Answer ID: 25998
New in Hot Fix 2
||What the Fix Does
||In ACT! Premium for Web, heavily formatted notes cause script errors when creating new notes on the same contact.
||Enables new notes to be added to a contact without generating script errors.
||Processing unhandled e-mail messages out of queue causes performance issues.
||Enables the Outlook service to stop trying to attach the e-mail after 10 failed attempts.
||ACT! Premium for Web users are unable to create new letter or e-mail templates from the Web Client when using Microsoft Word 2003\2007.
||Enables users to create new letter or e-mail templates from the Web Client when using Microsoft Word 2003\2007.
||Product Name field is not an available option when customizing columns in the Opportunity list.
||Adds the Product Name field as a customization option.
Fixed in Hot Fix 1
||What the Fix Does
||ACT! users who share a database with others and upgrade to ACT! 2010 SP1 before the server is upgraded see error messages.
||Replaces the error message with one that prompts to install ACT! 2010 SP1 on the server.
|Web Info Tab
||Several Web Info tab links become non-functional after upgrading to ACT! 2010 SP1.
||Enables the Web Info tab links.
||Users who have multiple or heavily-formatted notes notice a decrease in performance and/or ACT! stops responding for several minutes.
||Users are unable to add folders to the Documents tab after adding shortcuts to the folder.
||Enables opening linked folders from the Documents tab.
||After upgrading to ACT! 2010 SP1, users are unable to save items to drop-down lists.
||Enables the drop-down list to accept edits.
Applying Hot Fix 2 for ACT! 2010 SP1
This hot fix is for 2010 SP1. Do not apply this hot fix to any other version of ACT! To determine the version of the product you are using, see the version number in the Help About box. After the hot fix has been installed, the version number will read "184.108.40.206, Hot Fix 2".
Apply this hot fix to all client machines.
Applying the Hot Fix
When the download dialog box comes up, choose Save and save to your Desktop.
After the download completes, close ACT!, Internet Explorer® and all Microsoft Office applications.
Locate the ACT2010SP1HF file that you downloaded to your desktop and double-click it to begin the installation.
The Unpacking ACT! progress indicator briefly appears followed by the Disclaimer dialog box.
- Log onto to your computer as an Administrator.
- Please click on the link below to download Hot Fix 2, depending on your locale.
Note: The ACT! 2010 SP1 Hot Fix 2 applies to ACT! 2010, ACT! Premium 2010 and ACT! Premium for Web 2010 .
Review the disclaimer, and then click Apply.
The installer verifies your Windows® rights and ensures that no open programs will conflict with the hot fix installation. If any of these conditions exist, the appropriate message will appear. Please follow the on screen instructions.
The ACT! - Applying Updates window appears while the hot fix is being installed.
When finished the ACT! dialog box appears.
Click Ok to complete the installation.
For all Windows Vista® users with UAC enabled, you will see a Program Compatibility Assistant dialog box. Click This program installed correctly to complete the installation.
From the Help menu, select About. The version number will "220.127.116.11, Hot Fix 2".
Changes To Your Installation
Installing the hot fix applies the following files: