|How to Download and Apply Sage ACT! 2011 Hot Fix 1
| ||Question |
| ||You would like to know how to download and apply Sage ACT! 2011 Hot Fix 1. |
| ||Answer |
| ||This documentation describes Hot Fix 1 for Sage ACT! 2011 for the following versions:
Do not apply this hot fix to any other versions or builds of the software.
- Sage ACT! Pro 2011
- Sage ACT! Premium 2011
- Sage ACT! Premium 2011 (access via web)
Note: To determine the version of the product you are using, select Help, then About ACT! from the ACT! main menu. After the hot fix has been installed, the version number should read "13.0.401.0 Hot Fix 1".
This hot fix applies to all international English locales. Do not apply this hot fix to any other versions or products.
This hotfix (including any software and related documentation) is provided "AS IS." Sage Software, Inc. disclaims all express or implied warranties of any kind with respect to the utility, including but not limited to, any implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
Who Should Install This Hot Fix?
Note: Apply this hot fix to all machines that are involved in database synchronization to avoid issues surrounding renaming layouts, queries, and reports. This includes all machines that contain the Main Synchronization Database, Main Remote Database, and machines that have the ACT! Network or ACT! Internet Sync Services applied.
Hot Fix 1 for Sage ACT! 2011 may resolve your issues if:
The following tables list the area affected by the hot fix, the description, and the effect of the hot fix for each known issue.
- You are using Sage ACT! in an environment where calendar sync is enabled and see the following error message when opening an activity after syncing: "The maximum end date for a recurring activity starting on xx/xxx/xxxx is 01/06/2073."
New in Hot Fix 1
||What the Fix Does|
||The method for processing activities through the database may cause date idiosyncrasies after updating, syncing, and then opening the activity.
||Enables the appointment to open without error.|
Applying Hot Fix 1 for Sage ACT! 2011This hot fix is for Sage ACT! 2011. Do not apply this hot fix to any other version of ACT! To determine the version of the product you are using, see the version number in the Help About box. After the hot fix has been installed, the version number will read "13.0.401.0 Hot Fix 1".".
Apply this hot fix to all client machines.
Applying the Hot Fix
- Log onto to your computer as an Administrator.
- If you are running Network Sync, you must stop the Network Sync Service before applying this hot fix:
- Click Start.
- In the Run box, type IISReset /stop.
- Click OK.
- Ensure that Sage ACT! 2011 is closed.
- Please click HERE to download Sage ACT! 2011 Hot Fix 1.
- When the download dialog box comes up, choose Save and save to your Desktop.
- After the download completes, close Sage ACT!, Internet Explorer® and all Microsoft® Office applications.
- Locate the ACT2011HotFix.exe file that you downloaded to your desktop and double-click it to begin the installation.
- The Unpacking ACT! progress indicator briefly appears followed by the Disclaimer dialog box.
- Review the disclaimer, and then click Apply.
- The installer verifies your Windows® rights and ensures that no open programs will conflict with the hot fix installation. If any of these conditions exist, the appropriate message will appear. Please follow the on screen instructions.
- The ACT! - Applying Updates window appears while the hot fix is being installed.
- When finished the ACT! dialog box appears.
- Click Ok to complete the installation.
- For all Windows Vista® and Windows® 7 users with User Account Control (UAC) enabled, you will see a Program Compatibility Assistant dialog box. Click This program installed correctly to complete the installation.
- If your installation includes remote database synchronization, restart the Network Sync Service now.
- If you are using the Internet Sync Service, you must reset IIS:
- Click Start.
- In the Run box, type IISReset.
- Click OK.
- Start Sage ACT!
- From the Help menu, select About. The version number should be "13.0.401.0 Hot Fix 1".
Changes To Your InstallationInstalling this hot fix affects the following files:
22nd of September, 2010
Thank you for rating this answer.
No related articles were found.
No attachments were found.